Cases Involving Minors Under 18 Years Of Age
Juvenile Law Cases involve:
- Juvenile Dependency Cases
- Juvenile Delinquent Cases
The Juvenile Department is located in Department 36 at the Juvenile Division location.
Normal window hours are 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. A drop box will be available from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM for filings. Note that cash payments cannot be placed in the available drop box at any time.
Juvenile Dependency Cases are heard as follows:
|Monday||8:30 a.m. (Law & Motion) 9:30 a.m. (Contested Hearings)|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. (Law & Motion) 9:30 a.m. (Contested Hearings)|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. (In Custody Add-Ons)|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. (Law & Motion) 9:30 a.m. (Contested Hearings)|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. (Trailing Cases)|
Juvenile Delinquency Cases are heard as follows:
|Monday||1:30 p.m. (Law & Motion and Contested Hearings)|
|Tuesday||1:30 p.m. (Law & Motion and Contested Hearings)|
|Wednesday||1:30 p.m. (Law & Motion and Contested Hearings)|
|Thursday||1:30 p.m. (Law & Motion and Contested Hearings)|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. (In Custody Add-ons)|
Per CRC 5.610(f)(2):
Juvenile Dependency Transfer-In Cases are heard as follows:
Juvenile Delinquency Transfer-In Cases are heard as follows:
Current fees assessed through this department are Court assessed fees at the Disposition/Sentencing of the accused
Forms typically used in this department are:
- Form JV-100, Juvenile Dependency Petition (Version One)
- Form JV-110, Juvenile Dependency Petition (Version Two)
- Form JV-600, Juvenile Wardship Petition (WI 602,601)
The typical case follows these steps:
- Dependent cases are filed by the Department of Child Protective Services (CPS).
- Delinquent cases are filed by the Madera County Probation Department through the District Attorney's Office.